|Home||» Products||» Anti-Biotics / Anti-Infectives / Anti-Inflamatory||» Co-Trimoxazole|
Co-trimoxazole is indicated in adults and children over 12 years.
Co-trimoxazole tablets are indicated for the treatment of the following infections when owing to sensitive organisms:
- Treatment and prevention ofÃ‚ Pneumocystis jiroveciÃ‚ pneumonitis.
- Treatment and prophylaxis of toxoplasmosis
- Treatment of nocardiosis.
The following infections may be treated with co-trimoxazole where there is bacterial evidence of sensitivity to co-trimoxazole and good reason to prefer the combination of antibiotics in co-trimoxazole to a single antibiotic:
- Acute uncomplicated urinary tract infection
- Acute otitis media
- Acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis